Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, that is not exactly how the story goes......

So, in reality, I wanted a puppy since the moment I moved to NC.......in 1995.......long before Robin was ever a twinkle in my eye. But due to my job and career with Accenture, that was never going be a possibility - but I did enjoy taking care of Wayne and Missy Busch's dog and going running with Clay Reale's dog. But I was never to have one of my own. Then, I moved to Texas and thought I would acheive work/life balance and specifically bought a house with a fenced in back yard so I could get a dog. And I even went to a few PetSmart shops with dogs for adoption and was getting close to doing it, and then ended up traveling to Los Angeles every week for the next 4 years.....hence making it very difficult to get a dog. But, Robin was very clear that we would be getting a dog after we got married.....so it was just a matter of time. And putting in a fence in our back yard within 2 weeks of buying the house was a good sign that the long held hope of getting a dog would be realized. And sure enough, after Christmas, we started looking around for dogs.....though there was much discussion if it was to be a grown dog (Robin's suggestion) or a puppy (Chris' desire).....read on to see how it turns out!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,
    I hear you! I wanted a dog for YEARS before finally being in the right situation with the right partner and house. Enjoy!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete