Monday, February 14, 2011

Cone Head

Ever since her spay, Dallas has been walking around the house with a blue surgical cone stuck around her head. I put it on her while she was still heavily anesthetized, so she could get used to it slowly. And she's been trying different dramatic ways to get it off: rubbing against trees, stepping on it, shaking her head back and forth.  Nothing works, which is good, since its meant to protect her from biting or licking her sutures.


 She gets particularly frustrated when she steps on it, then can't figure out why she's not able to move forward in a walk, and just looks pathetically stuck.

Chris has been calling her "Alien Girl" but I think she looks even more like a blue-bonnet wearing "Baby."


Today I removed the "bonnet" finally! I thought she'd be thrilled and I don't think she's even noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment